Use This Simple, 3-Word Phrase to Skyrocket Your Self-Confidence and Eliminate Self-Sabotage, So You Can Stay on Track to Achieve Your Goals and Create a Life You Love Living
The New Year brings a rush of excitement as you set goals and refine your vision of the life you’d love to create. But if you’re like most people, self-doubt can creep up on you and derail your chance at a new life – if it’s not managed properly.
Self-doubt is the persistent voice of your status quo.
It looks at your dreams and goals, and counters with often reasonable-sounding arguments about why you can’t have, be or do what you would love.
The voice of the status quo is the one that whispers, “Where will you find the money?” or “How will I make this work?” or “I’m too busy” or “It’s too late for me to make that kind of a change.”
Self-doubt is a normal part of the goal-setting process.
It’s something that nearly everyone experiences.
Your brain’s very purpose is to keep you safe.
To your brain, that means not taking risks. It often means not trying something new.
When you focus your attention on goals that challenge the safe status quo, thoughts will start to bubble up from your subconscious.
These thoughts will try to keep you safe by tamping down your impulse to try these risky new things.
Self-doubt is a vital part of life, and some measure of it is necessary.
Without it, we might:
- Take dangerous and unnecessary risks that would put us in physical danger.
- Be overly confident about our own abilities and tune out valuable information and data that will help us steer our companies or careers in the right direction.
- Or take financial risks that would put our business and personal finances in danger.
But left unchecked, self-doubt can be dangerous.
We become crippled by “What if’s” and fall prey to “paralysis by analysis.” We take longer than necessary to move into action and fail to complete what we start.
At its core, self-doubt is a sneaky way that we sabotage our own success.
We don’t take the actions needed to turn our dreams into a reality. We don’t fulfill our potential, live our purpose or serve the people we are meant to serve.
To achieve your goals in 2020 and ultimately create a life that you truly love living, you need a way to effectively manage self-doubt.
In my 45+ years of studying and teaching the art and science of transformation, I’ve discovered that one of the easiest and most effective ways to beat self-doubt is a simple, three-word phrase:
“Up until now…”
When you notice self-doubt chattering away in your mind, first take a deep breath and calm yourself down. And then acknowledge what the voice said, starting your reply with “Up until now….”
- “Up until now, I haven’t known how to do this, but I’m committed to learning now.”
- “Up until now, I haven’t had the money to follow my dreams, but now I’m taking steps to budget my money differently.”
- “Up until now, I have felt too old to pursue a new career, but now I see that my attitude is what matters – not my age.”
“Up until now” calls your subconscious mind to attention and tells it you’re in charge – not your doubt.
This simple, three-word phrase signals that you are giving new instructions which your subconscious mind must follow. Using this phrase, you set new destinations as orders and direct your subconscious mind to figure out how to marshal all resources to get you there.
Your bold battle cry of “up until now” won’t produce an immediate shift.
When the captain of the Queen Mary gives the order to turn the ship, it takes a full seven miles before the turn is fully executed. But the process begins the moment the captain finishes delivering orders – and so it will be with your simple statement of “up until now.”
Remember, even if you can’t see the way to your goal right now, there must be a way. If there weren’t, you would never have dreamed the dream you’re pursuing in the first place!
Up until now, you may not have known how to handle self-doubt.
But now you do.
With this phrase, you can take command of the thoughts you think and the mind you think from. You can manage any self-doubt that comes up on your journey to your dreams and eliminate self-sabotage from your life.
And if you’d like to develop even more mastery over your mind, to elevate your ability to stay on track, achieve your most inspiring goals, and create a life you love living…
I invite you to watch the free replay of my most recent online workshop:
In this free, online workshop, you’ll discover:
- Why setting New Year’s intentions is so much more effective than routine “resolutions”
- My proven, time-tested technique for setting powerful intentions that actually come true – so you can create the EXACT life you want to live in 2020, and beyond
- How to develop an unshakable core of inspiration, fulfillment and aliveness this coming year, no matter what life throws your way
If you’ve ever struggled with setting New Year’s resolutions that actually come true…
…click here to learn the 5 mindset strategies you can use to make 2020 your best year yet!